In the run up to the Independence Day celebrations in India on August 15, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) in partnership with MyGov is organizing an online essay writing competition for specific age of school students (IX to X or Secondary Stage and XI to XII or Higher Secondary) across the country. The NCERT will be the Nodal Agency for this event.
The subtopics under the main topic for essay writing, that is, “Atmanirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat” are as follows:
1. For Atmanirbhar Bharat the Indian Constitution and Democracy are the biggest enablers.
2. India at 75: A Nation Marching towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
3. Atmanirbhar Bharat through Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Innovation thrives when there is unity in diversity
4. Digital India: Opportunities in Covid-19 and Beyond
5. Atmanirbhar Bharat-Role of Students in National Development
6. Atmanirbhar Bharat-Independence from gender, caste and ethnic biases.
7. Atmanirbhar Bharat: Making of a new India through Bio-Diversity and Agricultural Prosperity.
8. While I exercise my rights I must not forget to undertake my duties to usher in an Atmanirbhar Bharat.
9. My physical fitness is my wealth that will build the human capital for Atmanirbhar Bharat
10. Conserve Blue to Go Green for an Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Selection of essays will be taken up at two levels. Firstly, States/UTs will finalize the essays. Next the selected 10 essays from each State will become the pool of selected essays for the final selections at national level by a team of experts.
Thirty essays will be selected in each category of Secondary stage and Higher Secondary stage . Prizes will be announced for the national level winners soon. Students may submit their entries by 14th August, 2020.