The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) in India had constituted a committee on Yoga education in universities in January 2016. The committee has submitted its report. It has prescribed the curriculum for the following five courses:
- Bachelors of Science (Yoga)
- Masters of Science (Yoga)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Yoga)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga
- Post Graduate in Yoga Therapy
The committee also has prescribed the details of courses to be run and qualification of yoga faculty in its report. According to the government, these courses may also form the basis for selection of Yoga instructors for universities and colleges.
Photo courtesy: Press Information Bureau