Neighborhood Safety Tips for Families
It’s National Night Out (NNO) and in the spirit of being safe, Associa, a community management services firm in North America and NNO’s National Promotional Sponsor 2012, and Associa Supports Kids (ASK) offer neighborhood safety tips as the final edition of its three-part Summer Safety Tips series.
The Fighting Chance website reports that every 40 seconds in the United States, a child is reported missing or abducted. Families are encouraged to consider the below tips from the National Crime Prevention Council:
Around the neighborhood
- Set limits on where children can go in the neighborhood.
- Choose a safe house in the neighborhood kids can go to if they need help.
- Work with neighbors to watch out for suspicious and unusual behavior in the neighborhood.
- Get to know children’s friends and their parents, and keep a list of phone numbers.
- Always know where children are by having them ask permission and leave a phone number of where they’ll be. Parents should also give them a check-in time.
Associa Supports Kids is a value-added program for Associa community residents, designed to enhance the neighborhood community experience.
Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 150 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com.