For the second year in a row, Maytag brand has worked hand-in-hand with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to honor exemplary Clubs from across the country with the Maytag Dependable Club of the Year awards. It was announced Wednesday, Dec. 7.
Through a national partnership between Maytag and BGCA, 10 Clubs were awarded a grant for their demonstrated commitment to dependability and dedication to keeping youth on the path to achieve great futures.
The Clubs were evaluated during a rigorous judging process and selected to receive this distinctive award and one-time grant from Maytag to help deepen their impact in the communities they serve.
“For more than a century Boys & Girls Clubs of America have built upon their roots of dependability, striving each day to assist youth to become productive, caring, responsible citizens,” said William Beck, brand director, Maytag.
“The dynamic partnership between Maytag and BGCA has created an opportunity to showcase Clubs that are supporting this mission and we are honored to recognize them for their efforts.”
The 2011 Maytag Dependable Clubs of the Year are:
• Boys & Girls Club of Whatcom County, Bellingham, Wash.
• Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis, Ore.
• Boys & Girls Club of McAllen, Texas
• Fort Smith Boys & Girls Club, Ark.
• Boys & Girls Club of Trenton/Mercer County, Trenton, N.J.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Naval Base Kitsap, Bremerton, Wash.
• Boys & Girls Club of Vineland, N.J.
• Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Va.
• Boys & Girls Club of Orangeburg Area, S.C.
• Boys & Girls Club of El Sobrante, Calif.
Maytag brand is part of the Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances.