Curious George Movie for the Holiday Season
On Wednesday, Nov. 23, PBS KIDS will feature the broadcast premiere of the original Curious George movie, which will air as part of the Curious George Holiday Spectacular.
A three-movie on-air event, the Holiday Spectacular kicks off with Curious George, featuring the voices of Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore and Dick Van Dyke, as well as the music of Jack Johnson.
It will be followed by Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey and Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas. Encore presentations of the Holiday Spectacular will air on PBS KIDS throughout Thanksgiving weekend.
“We’re excited to extend the fun and engagement of Curious George, the #1 preschool series in the U.S., into this special holiday movie event,” said Lesli Rotenberg, senior VP, Children’s Media, PBS.
“George has a natural curiosity and eagerness to learn, making him an ideal trusted guide for our young viewers. We hope that the Curious George Holiday Spectacular will take families on even more adventures with their favorite monkey, fostering excitement in exploring the world around them.”
PBS encourages families to take part in traditions new and old. PBS Parents provides additional ideas to create meaningful traditions for the family such as:
1) Write an annual letter to your child. The holidays are an appropriate time to mark your child’s growth with a special message that will be cherished for a lifetime. Seal letters and store them in a keepsake box until they are old enough to read and enjoy them.
2) Do a Secret Santa gift exchange for charity. Turn the tables this year. Instead of buying a present, make a donation or spend time volunteering for a charity of the giftee’s choice.
3) Make a family walk an annual event. Walking is a great way to spend time with each other, and work off those extra gingerbread cookies! Set aside time — even if it’s 30 minutes — to get outside and stretch your legs with the family.
4) Leave a legacy that lasts (and helps the environment). Each New Year’s Day, plant a tree in honor of your child(ren). Hold a special ceremony in which everyone in the family plays a part in planting that year’s tree, and take lots of pictures, both when the tree is planted and over the years as it grows.
5) Take part in a community service project as a family. Designate a day that will be devoted to serving others in your community.
6) Select a recipe and make it a tradition to make it together as a family, giving each family member a task in preparing it. In honor of the Curious George Holiday Spectacular, make monkey bread or a banana dessert.
More details and ideas can be found on PBS Parents. PBS KIDS is a leading educational media brand for children.